BlueProximity is a instrument which detects your cell phone through Bluetooth and locks your pc when your Bluetooth telephone is out of Bluetooth attain. If you progress away out of your Desktop of pc and the gap between you and pc is greater than a sure restrict for a given time, BlueProximity will lock it robotically. You also can execute or begin any shell command utilizing this software program. Once the administrator/User come nearer than the configured stage for a set of time, the system will will get unlock robotically.
1) Bluetooth Dongle
2) Mobile Phone with Bluetooth.
Steps to Install BlueProximity
Automatic (For Hardy or newer model)
BlueProximity is included within the repos of Hardy or newer model of Ubuntu and it may be put in utilizing “apt-get”:
sudo apt-get set up blueproximity
For older model of Ubuntu (Older than Hardy) you’ll have to manually set up blueproximity.
1) First it’s important to set up Dependencies
sudo apt-get set up bluez-utils python-gtk2 python-glade2 python-configobj python-bluez
2) Install newest model of python-assist bundle from safety.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/most important/p/python-assist/ and set up it utilizing command “sudo dpkg -i”
3) Install BlueProximity
Download BlueProximity from sourceforge and set up it utilizing “dpkg”
1) Insert Bluetooth Dongle in your System and allow it (and set it Visible)
2) Activate Bluetooth in your Mobile and Scan in your pc.
3) Authorize and Pair each the gadgets utilizing PIN.
Steps to Configure BlueProximity
1) Open blueproximity from Accessories or execute the command “blueproximity”
2) Scan for the gadgets and Select the machine you wish to configure. (Make positive that the machine is Paired with Computer Already)
3) BlueProximity Settings/Configuration/Details: Click on Proximity Details which is able to present following choices
4) Locking and Unlocking: By Default Proximity makes use of following instructions to lock and unlock your display robotically.
Locking Command: gnome-screensaver-command -l
Unlocking command: gnome-screensaver-command -d
But you possibly can flip your monitor off on the time of lock which is able to save Electricity if you end up away out of your pc and change it on once you return. Using Following Commands to lock&flip off and “unlock & flip On the monitor
Locking Command: gnome-screensaver-command -l && xset dpms power off
Unlocking command: xset dpms power on && gnome-screensaver-command -d
Now, rise up out of your chair and transfer few steps again!