Here’s a fast little tip for if you happen to’re operating your pc in a twin boot setup with Ubuntu and Vista.
I used to be doing simply this as a result of I used to be programming Ruby and Ruby on Rails apps from Ubuntu however the lack of Photoshop was killing me. So I did some analysis and ultimately found andLinux (the subject of a future publish someday), which helps you to run Ubuntu Linux as a Windows service. So that to date has solved all of my issues in the case of with the ability to each do design and programming on the identical working system (What I really want to do is purchase a Mac, however who has that type of cash?).
So I have not booted into Linux in about Three months now. That is not a huge deal as a result of it is good to know that there’s a partition there if I would like it. But the issue is that I not too long ago began operating considerably low on laborious drive house. I discovered that type of bizarre as a result of I solely have about 2,000 songs on my pc proper now and only a few motion pictures.
But I do have that 40GB Linux partition simply sitting there.
So I got down to delete that partition and recuperate some house. What is essential although is that you simply be certain that to interchange the Linux bootloader that’s put in if you set up Ubuntu, or else you will lose the power in addition into Vista when you delete Ubuntu. So we’ll begin off by changing the bootloader first with the intention to keep away from any issues. The course of is fairly easy:
1. You first have to obtain Super Grub Disc and burn the ISO picture to a CD.
2. Next, pop the disc in and reboot your pc.
3. The Super Grub Disc screens are type of cryptic within the sense that a lot of the alternatives look identical to gibberish, however the essential one you need for deleting Linux so that you solely have Vista is:
WIN => MBR & !WIN! :(((((((((((((((((
4. That possibility restores the unique Vista bootloader to the Master Boot Record, forcing your pc to mechanically boot into Vista subsequent time it begins up.
5. Now, reboot your pc, click on “Start”, right-click “Computer”, and choose “Manage”
6. On the left hand aspect (within the menu tree), click on “Disk Management”
7. Find your outdated Linux partition, proper click on it, and choose “Delete Volume”
8. Once deleted, proper click on your current Windows partition, and click on “Expand Volume”
Now you must have recovered the house out of your outdated Ubuntu set up. If you had a swap partition for Linux, you may delete that as effectively.
Now simply keep in mind to solely do that after you could have backed up every part in your Linux set up!