Typically, Windows will certainly provide errors with specific codes – 0x800f081e being among the most recent. This code means CBS_E_NOT_APPLICABLE – which indicates that a certain "package" (the update) is regarded "not applicable" to the system.
In a nutshell, this mistake is triggered by your system having a setup or bundle which is not suitable with the set up update. In the instance of the 1803 Windows 10 update, this is generally Windows Media Player.
It's either the instance that your system has Windows Media Player set up, or the system is attempting to set up a fresh variation of it on the system. The recently upgraded variation may * not * work with your underlying system.
To fix this, you require to get rid of Windows Media Player from your present system, and also make sure that it's not mosting likely to be set up by the brand-new update too. To do this, you first of all need to get rid of the application from your "Add / Remove Programs" attribute inside Windows, and afterwards make sure that there are no rogue setups inside the system.
1. Remove Windows Media Player
The primary step is to get rid of WMP from your present Windows 10 system.
This can be done by adhering to these actions:
- Press "Windows" + "R" secrets on your key-board (tons "Run" discussion)
<code> optionalfeatures.exe </code>and also press <kbd> ENTER </kbd>
- Expand "Media Features" from the tree listing
- Deselect "Windows Media Player"
- Click "Yes" if a sharp box shows up
- Restart your COMPUTER
After rebooting, you will certainly require to identify whether the system will certainly have the ability to use the update or otherwise. This might spend some time (Windows 10 needs to re-download and install any kind of brand-new updates each time they are produced).
In the meanwhile, you must execute some upkeep on your system:
2. Run "Disk Cleanup" devices
The following action is to get rid of any kind of broken or damaged components which might be triggering problems for your COMPUTER. This can be done by utilizing a variety of core components within Windows 10 itself:
- Click on the "search" box under left of the taskbar (press Windows + S secrets on your key-board if you put on't have one)
- Type "disk clean-up"
- Click on the symbol which reveals
- Select "Clean up System Files"
- Let it check via your system
- Remove any kind of scrap submits that it locates
After doing this, you must additionally make use of the "SFC" (System File Checker) applet from within CMD:
- Into the "search" box (base left taskbar), kind "command"
- When "Command Prompt" tons, appropriate click and also choose "Run As Administrator"
- Into the CMD box, kind "sfc / scannow" and also press Enter
- Let the system check your documents
- Once total, reboot your system
Upon rebooting, this must permit your system to download and install the most recent variation of the 1803 update – it must set up properly if you got rid of the Windows Media Player referral from your system's set up applications.